CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just an update

So I'm sure most of you have heard our story and what has been going on but for all of you that haven't here is what has been going on in our lives.


Sat. Jan 30 everything was going great. My pregnancy was going along smoothly but I kept feeling like the baby was pushing out on my stomach because it would get really tight. I didnt think too much of it. That night we were going to bed and I commented to Trav that I was super uncomfortable. I just figured it was because I was 29 weeks pregnant. Around 2 in the morning I woke and and realized I was bleeding pretty bad so I woke Trav up and we headed up to the hospital. The got me hooked up to all the monitors and I was having contractions. They started pumping me full of medicine to try and stop the labor and it wasnt working. They gave me an ultrasound to check and see how the baby was and luckily was was doing really good. Me dr. kept trying to get the labor stopped but wasn't having very much luck so he decided it would be the best to send to Denver. The called the hospital down here and they sent the helicopter up and I was on my way to Denver. Travis was not able to ride with me so I had to tell him and Jacie bye and it was so scary telling them bye not knowing what was going to happen.
Luckily they were able to stop the labor! I was given another ultrasound and the baby looked healthy and he weighed about 3 lbs 10 oz. It was so good to know he was doing good!
They aren't quite sure why this happened but they figured I had a placenta abruption and the bleeding sent me into preterm labor. They got the bleeding stopped but I still have a big blood clot inside me they are watching. The contractions have really slowed down and they figured I am still having a few of them because of the blood clot and my cervix is trying to push it out. But I am on tons of medicine (17 pills a day) but it is working in keeping this little guy inside me! If everything keeps going smoothly they are planning on releasing me when I reach 32 weeks (Feb 22) so we are hoping for that.
But I am doing really good and so is my baby. This hospital is such a great hospital and they are taking such good care of me and my baby. Of course I am on bed rest and it gets so boring some days I know this is what I need to be doing to keep my baby safe. We are so thankful for modern medicine and technology! We know that I am still pregnant and we are both doing good thanks to the power of prayer! We really want to thank everybody for all the prayers!!
Jacie is handling this really good! She is still her happy little self and I get to see her everyday which is so good! Our families have been so helpful and have been willing to come to Denver to stay at the Ronald McDonald house with Jacie so she can be close by. Travis has been amazing taking care of everything and going back and forth between work and being down here. We have been so blessed with everything and we hope and pray everything continues to go smoothly! We will keep you all updated!! Thanks again for all the prayers!


5 comments:

jilljohnson said...

It is so good to hear from you. Adam told me what had happened and I was so worried because just like most men he did not know all the details. I sure hope you are able to get home soon. I also would be going stir crazy. Modern med. is amazing. Keep growing the cute little guy and keep us updated. We will remember you in our prayer!

Rachel Ashmore said...

Ahhh! Brit! I'm so glad they were able to stop the labor! Andrew and I will pray for you and your little one every day.

Heather said...

Thanks for the update Brittany! I had heard you were in the hospital but no other details. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family.

Jordan and Amy Kite said...

I'm so sorry! But I'm glad your doing good! Your in our prayers!

Catherine said...

Thank you for the update! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I look forward to pictures of the baby when he arrives.