CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day 2011

I love Labor Day! I love that we usually do something fun with our families and Trav gets an day off work :) Labor Day is Trav very favorite holiday because in his words it is 'the kickoff to hunting season'















This year was so much fun! We headed up to Idaho on Friday and Trav dropped me and the kids off at my parents house then he headed up camping/hunting with his family. On Sat my parents, me and the kids went to the state fair and it was so much fun! I remember when I was little this was my favorite place and I still love it and I love taking my kids there and seeing how much they love it as well. Boe's favorite part was the animals hands down. He loved walking through the barns and looking at everything. If an animal made a noise he would get so excited and run to to it and make the noise back :) Then the petting zoo was heaven for this kid! He loved to feed to animals and wasnt scared at all. Jacie also loved the animals but she said her favorite part was the rides. She loves going on any ride and doesn't get too nervous which is good. My dad took her on the big Ferris wheel and once she got to the top she got a little nervous the first time around but she ended up loving it! *Funny story while they were waiting to get on she saw the sign the spelled entrance and she said all the letters and said that spells ride :) Close enough Jac. :)


SUnday my parents took me up to where Trav and his family were camping. My kids were so excited to be camping! They absolutely love playing in the dirt and by the end of the day they were so filthy! But at least they had fun right :) It was so fun being up there and hanging out. Trav was just excited to be hunting, even if he didnt have a tag. Thanks Jim for letting Trav tag along :) Nobody got anything but it was lots of fun anyways. While we were up camping somebody (coughcough Travis, coughcough) had this great idea to have a bb gun fight :) Of sourse Rich jumped right in and before long me and Teri and Talon had joined in the fun. Dont worry we were safe about it we had a strict one pump rule and we all wore hoodies and sunglasses and only (mostly) shot each other in the legs. It was actually so much fun and we all learned that Teri likes to shoot people. I think her exact quote was 'now I know why people shoot each other' Ya I'm a little nervous to be around her if she ever goes crazy :) It was so funny cuz Jim and Cathy were gone looking for elk and they came back to us shooting each other and the little kids telling on us :) And they thought we were old enough to be left alone. hahaha


Monday we came back home. It was a short trip but we had so much fun and the kids sure liked seeing everybody!





1 comments:

richandteri said...

haha...that was super fun. I really do like hunting people! I didn't even have to purchase a license!I wonder if we will ever grow up? I hope not!!!