CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

To Mt. Rushmore we will go!

This last week Jim, Cathy, Tyler, and Talon came up to visit. We had lots of fun! Cathy and I made some apple pie that was so delicious and I think she needs to come back up and make it again because her pie crust is to die for and I am not as good at rolling it out as she is :)
Friday after Trav got off work we decided to go to Mt. Rushmore since Jim and Cathy had never been there. It was lots of fun! We got up there late Friday night (we had to take a slight detour to look for deer and antelope) so we just drove by the faces then headed into Keystone to stay the night. We had some dinner (which was yummy) then went to our hotel. Jacie didn't want to go to bed because we just had one room for everybody and she wanted to stay up with everybody :) We finally got her to bed and an hour later she started screaming so loud! She was still sleeping and I think she must have had a bad dream because we couldn't wake up and by the time we did she was so upset it took us forever to calm her down. Poor girl!
Saturday morning we headed up to Mt. Rushmore and went on a little hike and just hung out up there. After that we headed into Custer to do a little shopping but for some reason lots of the stores were closed :( Boo! Oh well, the candy store was open and we got some yummy taffy! We had some lunch and they headed home of course the long way to look for deer and antelope again.
We had lots of fun having company and cant wait to come see everybody next week!



Did you notice the goat in the background?


2 comments:

jilljohnson said...

what a fun time. I have never been there I really want to go some time I think that is one of those places everyone should go at leastr once in there life.

Trent and Stacie said...

I have always wanted to go there! How long of a drive is it from your house?