CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Antelope hunting...weekend one

This last weekend Travis and I decided to go antelope hunting. It was so much fun! And we each got one so that was an added bonus. We each have one more tag so hopefully we can each get another one.

On friday we loaded up the truck and Travis, Jacie, Trav's friend Jake, and I all headed to find us some antelope. We were going to meet our friends Doug and Jill up there but they had been up there for a couple days and had already tagged out. Luckily Jill was willing to take Jacie for the day so we didnt have to worry about her on Friday. We saw quite a few but they were all running way too fast, on private property, or does. But we finally saw a small buck and Jake decided to get it.
Travis and I didn't see anything we could shoot so we just headed home and got up early Saturday morning to go find us some. Jacie had to come with us all day but she was so good! She looked so cute in her camo and she loved being up there. The only problem was is sometimes we were sneaking up on some and she start talking very loudly :)
But we finally saw one that I was going to shoot and it was aways from the road so we had to put the sneak on it. We got about 325 yards from it and we knew we couldnt get any closer. It was crazy to watch them for a minute because they had no idea we were there. In fact since it is mating season we did see a little bit of antelope porn before I shot him :) But anyways Trav told be how far he was the to aim right on his upper back so I shot and down he went! I was so excited! He isn't as big as mine last year but I will take it. We walked over to him to get pics and to have Trav gut him (our agreement is I will go hunting but he does the gutting). Jacie loved petting him and she would pet it and say soft antelope. It was so cute. But the second Trav started gutting it Jacie freaked out! I dont know if she just saw the blood and associated it was an owie but she did not like that part at all!
Once we got it drug to our truck we jumped back in to find Trav an antelope.
We finally found him one early afternoon. We noticed them from aways away so we drove as close as we could and Trav jumped out to shoot and they started running so Trav jumped in the truck and we took off chasing them up a dirt road. We came over a hill and there they were! Trav jumped out as fast as possible and aimed and took a shot and down he went! Jacie was excited to pet it at first until the gutting started then she cried and wanted to be cuddled. Poor thing! Trav's is a little bigger then mine but last year mine was bigger and I think I hurt his male ego so I let him shoot a bigger one this year :)





2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

LOL!!! Antelope Porn! Ha! I'm thoroughly impressed with your hunting skills. :) And that you took Jacie along!

jilljohnson said...

You are a great wife I will not hunt with Adam. It is a great time for him and his dad to bond.