CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trav's big deer!

My husband is so freakin cool! He went deer hunting this last week and got a monster! I'm sure I will mess up the story but I will try and remember all the important parts :) Anyways Trav, Jim, Justin, and Joe all headed up Saturday morning to find Trav a deer. The hunt didn't open till Tues but they wanted to get in some scouting time. They saw so many bucks up there!
Anyways they found this one on Tues night and Trav decided to shoot it. They were about 1000 yards away and they were able to get 540 yards from it but they couldn't get any closer. Trav took the first shot and shot a few inches over its back so he shot again and just bearly went over its back and on his third shot he dropped it! I know, my husband is a stud :)

The deer has 6 points on one side and 7 on the other. It is about 25 inches wide. Trav said he wanted a wider one so he almost didnt shoot this one but it looks big to me! He scored it the other night and I think it scored about 185 or something like that. But here are a few pics!






0 comments: